I’m jubilant this morning. Partly because I’m one step closer to blowing hard-earned cash on the following:
I love my Macbook Pro for creating music. But the OS operating system is not favorable to PC gaming, which I want to dive into. Also, the 500GB HDD, 4GB of RAM, and AMB video card are very limiting when it comes to Photoshop, Song Vegas, Adobe Audition, CCS3 HTML 5, etc.
So, I’m going to get two computers, a portable laptop for music production (done), and a custom built high-end desktop for everything else. After researching parts for months, I’ve decided what would consist of my build:
- CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($215.99 @ NCIX US)
- CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($27.99 @ Amazon)
- Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Amazon)
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($82.99 @ Newegg)
- Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5” 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($88.98 @ Newegg)
- Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5” Solid State Disk ($96.49 @ B&H)
- Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($413.78 @ NCIX US)
- Case: Lian-Li PC-K9WX ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
- Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($83.99 @ SuperBiiz)
- Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($24.98 @ Newegg)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($90.89 @ Amazon)
Total, I’m going to be hurtling just under $1500 into this monster, and I can’t wait to create her. She is going to be so beautiful, I have no clue what I will name her, either.